Old June 25th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

David Biddulph wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 25 Jun 2005:

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
The thing I noticed on our visit to Kansas was that distances were
measured in fractions of a mile, rather than yards - where we would say
there was an exit in (say) 200 yards, they'd put "3/8 mile"

That's why America seems so big, if 200 of their yards are 3/8 of a mile.
It would need 660 of our little English yards. :-)

Well, you know what I mean......
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/