Old June 25th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

In article ,
(Martin Underwood) wrote:

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Martin Underwood wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 25 Jun 2005:

And it felt wrong not having a
red-and-amber "get ready to go, put the car in gear/drive, take the
handbrake off" phase to traffic lights, but I gather a lot of Europe
is like that.

France certainly is; Germany is more like us. Not sure about any
other European countries, we were only on the motorways in Belgium
last holidays, and I don't think I noticed what the situation was in
Switzerland.

I think Germany has no red-and-amber phase - I think I remember
noticing.

I think our red and amber is unique. The only other country with a variant
that I recall is Italy with green and amber.

--
Colin Rosenstiel