Old August 23rd 03, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default Cross River Transit 2?

Dave Arquati wrote:
Just seen this story online:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N5BE22DA5

When did this project surface and why haven't we heard anything about it
before?

A tram good idea?

STATE-OF-THE-ART trams taking commuters straight to work in the City could
soon be slicing through our streets.
Transport gurus pored over dozens of plans, all bidding to cut the strain on
the train and relieve bursting buses.

And the experts from the Corporation of London believe the tram is the
answer for South Londoners.

They threw their full support behind a second scheme from Battersea to
Hackney in a new idea revealed this week.

Hmm - isn't Crossrail line 2 meant to be linking up Battersea to
Hackney? Is this their way of saying that at most we're only going to
get Crossrail line 1 and line 2 is nothing but a pipe-dream...