Old June 26th 05, 08:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bill Hayles Bill Hayles is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:29:05 +0100, Mrs Redboots
wrote:

Martin Underwood wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 25 Jun 2005:

And it felt wrong not having a
red-and-amber "get ready to go, put the car in gear/drive, take the
handbrake off" phase to traffic lights, but I gather a lot of Europe is like
that.

France certainly is; Germany is more like us. Not sure about any other
European countries,

Quick answer to two threads (since I am resident in Spain).

In Spain, the registration number stays with the car throughout its
life. Since 2000, when the system changed, there is no way of
telling where a car was first registered. This was a deliberate
decision by the Spanish authorities. Before that, the first letter
(or two) denoted the province of registration. You can tell its
rough age from its registration, as they are issued consecutively,
but there's no easy direct correlation.

There's no red/amber at Spanish traffic lights; however we have a
great many flashing amber signals - proceed but give way.

And to get slightly back on topic, give me the Valencia metro over
the London Underground any day!

--
Bill Hayles

http://billnot.com