Old June 26th 05, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Martin Underwood wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 25 Jun 2005:

I had written:

France certainly is; Germany is more like us. Not sure about any other
European countries, we were only on the motorways in Belgium last
holidays, and I don't think I noticed what the situation was in
Switzerland.

I think Germany has no red-and-amber phase - I think I remember noticing.

I didn't think Germany did, but last holidays we were driving in both,
and my husband commented, when we got into Germany, that they followed a
similar system to us. So perhaps they've changed - or else, perhaps
they have red, followed by separate amber, followed by green? I was too
busy navigating to notice!

I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a red-and-amber when I went on holiday to
Austria with my parents in the early 80s and we drove through Germany from
Munich to Innsbruck: I remember commenting on it. Can't remember how it was
when I went to Hannover more recently.

I bet the only downside of not driving is that you get called upon to do all
the navigating - like non-drinkers get imposed upon to do all the driving
after parties etc!