Old August 23rd 03, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Cross River Transit 2?

In message , Stevie
writes

Hmm - isn't Crossrail line 2 meant to be linking up Battersea to
Hackney?

Possibly, but the outer parts of the line are still very much open to
debate.

Is this their way of saying that at most we're only going to get
Crossrail line 1 and line 2 is nothing but a pipe-dream...

I don't really see the tram proposal as any sort of alternative to
Crossrail 2. The latter would be a fast, limited stop service through
the west end - Clapham Junction to King's Cross in three stops.

The tram proposal goes through the city, nowhere near the west end or
King's Cross and would be a very much slower service with a dozen or
more stops catering primarily for local traffic.

--
Paul Terry