Old June 27th 05, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

Clive wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 26 Jun 2005:

In message 42beabf3$0$41915$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-
reader03.plus.net, Martin Underwood writes
France certainly is; Germany is more like us.

Although I've not seen it anywhere else, I very much liked the pigs ears
on traffic lights (Little repeaters at eye height), that the French have on
all there lights.

I do, too - it means they don't need repeater lights on the other side
of the junction, as motorists can see what they are looking at even if
they are at the front of the clue. Only thing is, when we were walking
in France, I kept thinking they were pedestrian crossings....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/