Old June 27th 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

Terry Harper wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 26 Jun 2005:

Personally I find their street signs much better than we have here, in
that they appear at every road junction, with both streets and the
block numbers on them. Here it is unusual to find a street name at an
intermediate junction.

What threw us, until we got used to it, was the way they put the name of
the side street across the street you were on; until we recognised the
convention, we kept on thinking we were going to have to turn! But it
*is* clearer than ours, certainly, although I'm told it does vary and in
some states is much less clear than others.

The clearest street markings I've come across in Europe were in Poland,
where each house seems obliged to tell you not only its number, but also
the street name.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/