Old June 28th 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
londoncityslicker londoncityslicker is offline

Default Heritage Routemaster routes announced

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
londoncityslicker wrote:

Sounds like it's going to end up like the San Francisco trams.
Where the two tram routes left (from the city centre area) are mainly

for
tourists who want to ride the SF icon.

I imagine you mean the cable cars (there are still plenty of trams).

And there are three cable car routes.
--
Michael Hoffman

Sorry, yes I meant the cable car. (there are trams elsewhere in SF)

And yes you are right there are 3 routes in downtown SF.
but the two main routes are the ones predominatly used by tourists and the
follow the same route for the majority of the journey.
In a similar fashion to what they plan to do with the Routemaster. Hence my
comparison.

A.