Old June 29th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ONscotland ONscotland is offline

Default Parking in Lambeth

Charlie wrote:
Anyone who drives a car in Lambeth is a target for unfair ticketing.
The council have put financial incentives in their parking contract
which means that traffic wardens have to hand out 12 tickets for EVERY
12 hour shift.

Find out more he http://www.lambethlabour.com/parking/

Anyone else experienced unfair ticketing?

The website doesn't really define "Unfair ticketing".

If someone parks illegally, then they should rightly be ticketed. The
simple way to stop "over-zealous" (funny that that term only applies to
people like traffic wardens, ticket inspectors etc) ticketers is to not
park illegally. 12 tickets per shift isn't that much. The way the
Evening Standard goes on about it, I was under the impression that
individual wardens were issuing that many an hour...

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, (and I'm not a traffic warden btw) but I
am tired of people thinking that parking laws are just suggestions and
are there to be flouted. That said, the idea of private companies
skimming a profit of parking tickets etc. leaves a nasty taste in the
mouth.