Old June 29th 05, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default Parking in Lambeth

I think you've missed the point.

The contract in Lambeth which stipulates Control Plus have to hand out
200,000 tickets a year, otherwise their profits are significantly
reduced. This works out at 12 tickets every 8 hour shift (My mistake
for putting 12 hour shift in the first post).

The problem is there is nowhere near 200,000 people parking illegally
in Lambeth a year. In the year prior to that contract being signed,
only 120,000 tickets were handed out.

So how do they make up the difference? They ticket people who AREN'T
parking illegally. I am not exagerating here. A guy whose scooter had
been crushed was ticketed whilst he was being put in the back of an
ambulance after an accident. Another bloke was given a ticket when his
legally parked car was rammed onto the pavement. you can't make this
stuff up, it's all been reported in the local newspapers. For every
extreme example their are thousands of others.

I couldn't agree with you more that people parked illegally should be
ticketed. But I'm afraid this contract is forcing wardens to ticket
people who are parked illegally.