Old June 29th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim \(moved to sweden\) tim \(moved to sweden\) is offline

Default Parking in Lambeth

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message
oups.com...

I think you've missed the point.

The contract in Lambeth which stipulates Control Plus have to hand out
200,000 tickets a year, otherwise their profits are significantly
reduced. This works out at 12 tickets every 8 hour shift (My mistake
for putting 12 hour shift in the first post).

The problem is there is nowhere near 200,000 people parking illegally
in Lambeth a year. In the year prior to that contract being signed,
only 120,000 tickets were handed out.

Just because only 120k tickets were issued last year does not mean that is
the total number of cars parked illegally. There would be many more who
did not get caught because there didn't happen to be a traffic warden
around at the time. So if the new company are more efficient than the old
one and catch more vehicles it is perfectly possible to issue 200k tickets
without having to ticket random cars.

I agree. All it takes is late evening and sunday working. In all of the
places that I have lived in an around London it is normal to find double
yellows treated like they are there at these times of the week. I could
ticket 50 cars in as long as it takes to write them on a Sunday.

And as a resident of these localities who goes out of his way to
park legally, it really pees me off that these people aren't ticketed.

tim