Old June 29th 05, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Camden station redevelopment rejected

steve wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:15:49 -0700, umpston wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
"Alan (in Brussels)" wrote in message
Press report forwarded FYI by:

- Alan (in Brussels)

"Campaigners' joy as station plan is axed

www.hamhigh.co.uk

"This is the end of the project. We needed that new station, now the
users of the Northern Line face decades of misery."

Rubbish. The solution to Camden Town's problems is to get more people to
switch to Camden Road. I roughly calculated that the money to be spent
on rebuilding Camden Town station would fund a decent service on the
North London Line every day for about a century.

But how would you raise the money to do it? The Camden Town redevelopment
would be paid for by the property developer.

This is the problem though. When does property development stop. e.g we
could sell off Hyde park and pay for crossrail etc.

Well, in the case of Camden Town, it has been stopped.