Old June 30th 05, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

Clive wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 30 Jun 2005:

In message ,
writes
they've got a buggy and child to shift.

They are masters of their own fate. If they can't fold a push chair then
walk, if they can't walk then keep your knees together and you won't
have the trouble of push chairs and kids annoying real passengers who
need to get from A to B. Lets not forget that these women have all day
to do their shopping or what ever it is they do.

While I find buggies on buses can be as annoying and intrusive as you
evidently do, could I point out that a great many mothers of young
children are obliged to work to make ends meet (and this has always been
the case - the "Protestant work ethic" of father earning the family's
living while mother stayed at home with the children was always a
middle-class dream, never a working-class reality), so need to travel to
work when you do. Perhaps *you* could change *your* working hours,
since you are not encumbered by a family?

Please do try not to be so appallingly, insensitively offensive.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/