Old August 24th 03, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default Cross River Transit 2?

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message ...
tim wrote:
IMHO you just spend a lot of money to replace an inadequate
system
with a more desirable but still inadequate system

What in your view would be an adequate system in this context?

I've no particular idea for this route as I don't know what it's
problems are. What about doubling the frequency of the
buses, much cheaper than building a tram line

But London needs a 21st century transport system. The lines
that were planned more than 30 years ago (crossrail 12 &2 and
Chelsea/hackney ) should have been built by now and then
there would possibly be enough slack in the central area to add
short links from the suburbs.

But of course that hasn't happened so we can't do it.

So someone suggest that we should spend lots of money building
tram lines on already congested streets with what result?

Tim