Old June 30th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jason Jason is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:02:44 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

On a bus this afternoon, I was sitting on one of the jump-seats in the
wheelchair area. A girl with a buggy got on and glared at me until I got up
and gave her my place.

Most people think moving for "a girl with a buggy" is the polite thing
to do. Clearly your manners are deficient.

You have a choice of the *any vacant seat* (or even the top deck of a
double), whilst she has the choice of one or two seats near the only
available space to put her push-chair out of the way of other
passengers.

If the alternative was leaving the push-chair is the aisle, and then
sitting as cross to it as possible, it seems she made the right
decision for the greater comfort of all passengers.

The signage clearly says that the space is for wheelchairs - since when have
Big Mac-chomping, income support-claiming chav slappers with wailing brats
require the same level of concern as people in wheelchairs?

So what were YOU doing in the wheel-chair place? Was there not ANY
other seat on the bus?

Was she really eating a Big-Mac on the bus? How do you *know* she was
on income-support? Are these just unsubstantiated rantings, or or are
you just bleating because of YOUR selfishness?

Sounds like you need to think of others and put yourself in the place
of someone travelling with a child in a push-chair doing their best to
minimise inconvenience to other passengers - not just some oh-so
precious git in the jump-seat.

--

Cheers,

Jason.