Old June 30th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes
While I find buggies on buses can be as annoying and intrusive as you
evidently do, could I point out that a great many mothers of young
children are obliged to work to make ends meet (and this has always
been the case - the "Protestant work ethic" of father earning the
family's living while mother stayed at home with the children was
always a middle-class dream, never a working-class reality), so need to
travel to work when you do. Perhaps *you* could change *your* working
hours, since you are not encumbered by a family?

Please do try not to be so appallingly, insensitively offensive.

I am sorry for offending you, but I still think mothers with pushchairs
should have then folded before even attempting to board a bus. You're
right that I don't understand everyone's circumstances, but I do
understand the room these things take up and that modern buses of the
kneeling type are for wheelchair access not pushchair access. A little
thought would confirm my position, and I am white and working class.
Just go back a few years and you'll remember that whilst we had rear
unfolded pushchair and would only wait for it to be folded if the bus
was a bit early.
--
Clive