Old June 30th 05, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Parking in Lambeth

Colin Rosenstiel wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 30 Jun 2005:

Is that so? Then what, please, is the point of the "Red routes" where
double red lines mean no stopping/waiting at any time?

I've long wondered that but then I don't live in London so we don't have
them at all. Seriously, isn't it the difference between waiting and
stopping?

Although on red routes they provide spaces where you can stop for 20
minutes and/or load or unload and/or be a disabled driver. They also
have pelican crossings every 50 yards or so. This is supposed to make
the traffic flow more easily, but I can't see it, myself.... although,
to be fair, Streatham High Road is, normally, better than it used to be
now they have made it 2 lanes instead of 3, the 3rd lane being parking
or bus stops or even, occasionally, bus lanes.

Of course, if more *legal* parking places existed, people would be less
inclined to park illegally! Okay, we don't have to own a car, but they
can come in useful on occasions.....

There are too many cars.

I agree, but who is going to do without one? Even we have one, although
we don't use it very much in London. And I should hate *not* to have
it!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/