Old June 30th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

Paul Corfield wrote:

[I agree with most of your post, but this bit is not quite right...]

As others have said the space on these buses is for wheelchair
users not specifically for buggies which are carried unfolded
as a favour not a right.

TfL Conditions of Carriage, section 13.2.1:
"Low floor buses improve accessibility for all passengers, especially
those in wheelchairs and those with children in buggies/pushchairs.
These buses are designed to allow wheelchairs, buggies and pushchairs to
be wheeled on and off the bus and
for them to be left unfolded in the wheelchair space provided for this
purpose."

It goes on to say that wheelchair users have priority, but it is clearly
TfL policy to allow buggies to be left unfolded in the "wheelchair
space" whenever possible. It's not a right, but it's more than just a
favour.

--
Richard J.