Old July 1st 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris! Chris! is offline

Default Oyster communication failure

?uzzled wrote:
Why did the second bus driver talk to my as if I was scum ? I'm not
intentionally out to defraud the system. I tried to explain to him that the
card was working as far as I know.

Some drivers are like that. Some seem to want to cause you to lose
your temper and lash out so they can get compensation when you get
taken to court (this isn't just bus drivers - some pub boucers, some
securicor security staff at wimbledon, etc. are just as bad

How am I going to get to work tomorrow ? I've read on the oyster site that
you can take the card to any tube station for a replacement. But living in
South London, there aren't any. I can by pay cash to get to work and then
get it swapped at a tube station in the City but will the card be functional
straight away so I can use it for the trip home ? Will they be able to
transfer the credit I had onto it ?

I my experience the card should work straight away and have all the
stuff from the old one trasfered to it. Be careful though beacuse it
is transfered manually - I lost almost a month of travelcard an £12.60
of prepay during a transfer because the chap at the station didn't do
his job properly.