Old August 24th 03, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Adams Bob Adams is offline

Default Cross River Transit 2?

In message , tim
writes
I've no particular idea for this route as I don't know what it's problems are.
What about doubling the frequency of the buses, much cheaper than building
a tram line

As the biggest problem of travelling through London is congestion caused
by too many vehicles, I do not see how increasing the number of buses is
going to help anything?

On the other hand, a tram type of vehicle on a dedicated track will
greatly speed up travel time. See DLR, Manchester or Croydon for proven
examples.

Bob (Daily user and fan of the DLR)

--
Bob Adams.