Old July 1st 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

Ian F. wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 1 Jul 2005:

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

But the design of buses has improved and the parents , who are much
more numerous than wheelchair users, might reasonably expect that they
don't have to mess around with folding buggies any more.

That doesn't alter the fact that I, a 55 year-old, am expected to jump up
and hand over my seat the minute some 17 year-old chav slapper gets on the
bus with a buggy the size of Peckham!

I do resent your use of the words "chav slapper". You can only go by
appearances - many young mothers are in their 20s and 30s, and the way
people dress in this hot weather, you have no idea where they are from!
Nor, despite their accent and the way they dress, can you have any idea
at all of their moral standards - or do you actually *mean* to imply
that only prostitutes use buses? Which is more or less what you *said*.

Moreover, would you, a 55-year-old man, *really* remain seated while a
mother with a young child in her arms was standing?????
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/