Old July 1st 05, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
?uzzled ?uzzled is offline

Default Oyster communication failure

"Chris!" wrote in message
oups.com...
How am I going to get to work tomorrow ? I've read on the oyster site
that
you can take the card to any tube station for a replacement. But living
in
South London, there aren't any. I can by pay cash to get to work and then
get it swapped at a tube station in the City but will the card be
functional
straight away so I can use it for the trip home ? Will they be able to
transfer the credit I had onto it ?

I my experience the card should work straight away and have all the
stuff from the old one trasfered to it. Be careful though beacuse it
is transfered manually - I lost almost a month of travelcard an £12.60
of prepay during a transfer because the chap at the station didn't do
his job properly.

Took it to a tube station today, initially it wouldn't scan but then he
managed to get the card to register on the reader and it showed up the
credit amount. Filled in a form, new card issued and credited and that was
that. Pretty painless experience. Quite impresssed.