Old July 1st 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking in Lambeth

In article ,
(Mrs Redboots) wrote:

Neil Williams wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 30 Jun 2005:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:10:03 +0100, Mrs Redboots
wrote:

In many areas, it is perfectly legal to park on double yellow lines in
the late evening and on a Sunday.

Is it really? Surely, a single yellow line would be used in those
circumstances, as a double line means no waiting at any time.

I wish they'd announce when they change these things.... I gather that
it has changed since I last studied the Highway Code!

It was changed in the last few years and has allowed us to remove
literally hundreds of redundant "At any time" signs.

--
Colin Rosenstiel