Old July 1st 05, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Piccadilly line reduced service was was Travelcards on Heathrow Express/Connect during LU closure

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:34:48 +0100, asdf
wrote:

[Acton-ealing shuttle]

I think someone has underestimated the timing and pathing issues here.

As all trains will need to reverse at Acton - that's all Heathrows,
Rayners Lane and the Ealing Shuttle via one (?) turnback siding [1]
between the Picc Line tracks I think a 20 minute frequency is pretty
good going! The working arrangements are going to have to be pretty
slick to handle all the movements without huge train jams developing on
the approaches to Acton from the west.

[1] happy to be corrected by our resident train drivers if I've got this
wrong. I can't find my track plan.

http://www.simonclarke.org/lul/maps/pic_strip.gif shows 3...

That map is rather neat. Ta.
--