Old July 1st 05, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default Camden station redevelopment rejected

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Well somebody does have to pay up front, or nothing will ever be built
or improved. I doubt much of an improvement in NLL services can be
made without a major investment in trains and signalling systems
(without even considering station facilities). All this would have to
be paid up front, whether funded privately or publicly.

I didn't make myself clear, but my calculation concerned the funding
required to provide the current peak service all day, 7 days a week, not
an
increase on the current peak service. I don't think any infrastructure
would
be needed, just more drivers.

More drivers wouldn't solve the problem of what to do with all the freight
trains that there is no longer room for.

Peter Smyth