Old July 2nd 05, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

Ian F. wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 2 Jul 2005:

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

You mean that you agree that any mother who takes her child on a bus is
automatically a prostitute and/or dole fiddler, with the child born out
of wedlock? Which is what Ian is *saying*, even if it isn't what he
*means*! And it is that to which I take exception.

Utter twaddle. Is this correct: "A cow is an animal, therefore all animals
are cows"? No? Well, that's what *you're* saying!

Hmmm. You wrote:

"That doesn't alter the fact that I, a 55 year-old, am expected to jump
up and hand over my seat the minute some 17 year-old chav slapper gets
on the bus with a buggy the size of Peckham!"

Which implies that your sole experience with buggy-wielding mothers is
that of "17 year-old chav slappers", a phrase to which I have several
times objected.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/