Old July 2nd 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

Clive wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 1 Jul 2005:

In message , Mrs
Redboots writes
Frankly, given your bias against young mothers, I'm surprised you
appreciate that many people have children, not just "chav slappers", as
you refer to the bus-using classes!

You are not only narrow minded but selective in what and where you
read. I have never made the comments you attribute to me and I look
forward to an apology, if you can come down to my level to give it.

Yes, it was Ian who referred to young mothers as "chav slappers" (and if
that's not narrow-minded, I don't know what is!). You, on the other
hand, merely wrote:

"They are masters of their own fate. If they can't fold a push chair
then walk, if they can't walk then keep your knees together and you
won't have the trouble of push chairs and kids annoying real passengers
who need to get from A to B. Lets not forget that these women have all
day to do their shopping or what ever it is they do."

Am I to assume that women who can't "keep their knees together", and who
are not "real passengers", but spend their days "shopping, or whatever
it is they do" are, in your view, delightful, educated, charming young
women? Because they sound a great deal more like Ian's "Chav Slappers"
to me!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/