Old July 3rd 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes

Feel free to point out where I pre-judge?

I knew the man was middle-class because "I could hear his accent".

The fact remains that in this country, you can usually tell someone's
social status by their accent -

Just as you can tell the criminals because they wear ear-rings and call
you "mate"?

Personally, I prefer not to make assumptions and instant judgements
about people in this kind of way. But we are going round in circles and
this is off-topic, so I'll say no more on the matter.
--
Paul Terry