Old July 3rd 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Travelcards on Heathrow Express/Connect during LU closure

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes

It was much busier than that when I used it (at least half a dozen waiting
passengers Eastbound).

In case I wasn't sufficiently clear, I am referring ONLY to passengers
travelling WESTBOUND from Barons Court at WEEKENDS (since this is what
the thread is about).

Reasonable numbers use the station on Mon-Fri, although as one of the
few tube stations without any bus service, I don't think passenger
numbers at Barons Court are as high as most Piccadilly line stops in the
area.

I do recall that some 10 years ago, when the Piccadilly was out of
action for engineering work for a long weekend, there was a bus
replacement service that called at Baron's Court, using those small
mid-buses that could manage the narrow streets in the area. Perhaps so
few people used this that tfl decided not to bother this time?

--
Paul Terry