Old July 4th 05, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nicholas D Richards Nicholas D Richards is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

In article , Mrs Redboots
writes
Martyn Drake wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 3 Jul 2005:

Interesting stuff, which reminds me of something I saw the other day.
Toys 'R' Us in Woking (but it'll probably be like this at any of their
branches) have big signs up at the entrace to the store stating that you
can't bring shopping bags into the store and that you need to leave them
in your car. I don't have a car. I don't drive. My wife and I rely on
public transport. Thus we won't be shopping there at all when our
adopted daughter comes along.

I don't blame you. Wouldn't you have thought they would ask you to
check your bags at the door, as many shops used to do - they were quite
safe, left with a staff member whose job it was to look after them.

In all my 57 years I have never been asked to check my bags at the door
of a shop, except in supermarkets in the Philippines. Might be quite
nice, unless I had a plain brown paper bag from Ann Summers.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"