Old July 4th 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Buggies are wheelchairs!

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 22:26:02 +0100, Martyn Drake
wrote:

Interesting stuff, which reminds me of something I saw the other day.
Toys 'R' Us in Woking (but it'll probably be like this at any of their
branches) have big signs up at the entrace to the store stating that you
can't bring shopping bags into the store and that you need to leave them
in your car. I don't have a car. I don't drive. My wife and I rely on
public transport. Thus we won't be shopping there at all when our
adopted daughter comes along.

Quite. PC World annoy me in this respect as well, though in my
experience they will allow a bag to be left behind the desk.

Many larger German stores provide deposit lockers of the type found in
swimming pool changing areas to avoid this issue. It would be nice to
see that over here - not only for security reasons, but also to avoid
having to carry heavy bags around the shop.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain