Old August 25th 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Iain Ambler Iain Ambler is offline

Default Cross River Transit 2?

"tim" wrote in message

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

---8----SNIP-------

90% of this is on segregated, previously under-utilised, railway

alignments.
I don't see how it can be comparable?

True, a lot of disused railway lines are utilised for Tramlink.

However my wife has used Tramlink as an alternative to the bus since it
opened and it has made a real difference in cutting her journey time.

The fact that Trams have priority over buses and cars is definately a plus
as far as I am concerned and can actually provide an incentive for car
drivers to tram it instead.

Personally I would like to shoot the berk whose idea it was to scrap the
trams in the first place - but then seeing as my dear old Dad took the week
off to do the London Last Tram Week, perhaps I am a bit biassed! :-)