Old July 5th 05, 03:20 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
David Bennetts David Bennetts is offline

Default Olympic Announcement 'Event'

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
news
In message , congokid
writes

I was in Trafalgar Square this afternoon. They're building a stage or
something for the event.

It'll be a bit of a damp squib should the decision go to Paris.

I very much hope that it will - they are much better able to fund the
likely multi-billion pound debt (I see that Toronto are still paying off
the interest nearly 30 years later, while Greece is saddled with a chain
of unused facilities that nobody wants and is trying to justify breaking
EU monetary rules by claiming that Athens was virtually bankrupted by the
last Olympics).

--
Paul Terry

I think you mean Montreal - '76 games.
I think London will have some problems in coping, particularly with
transport.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia