Old July 5th 05, 09:55 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Olympic Announcement 'Event'

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:31:43 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message , congokid
writes

I was in Trafalgar Square this afternoon. They're building a stage or
something for the event.

It'll be a bit of a damp squib should the decision go to Paris.

I very much hope that it will - they are much better able to fund the
likely multi-billion pound debt (I see that Toronto are still paying off
the interest nearly 30 years later,

Do you mean Montreal? That was the last Games to lose money. A lot of
things have changed since then.

while Greece is saddled with a chain of unused facilities that nobody
wants

Hence the "no white elephants" policy. There's a reason why the bid
team has been banging on about the legacy aspect.

We'll know soon enough...

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon