Old July 6th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
General Von Clinkerhoffen General Von Clinkerhoffen is offline

Default Gerrards Cross update 5/7/05....Transport in Aylesbury

Arriva buses are crap, get off train, walk to bus station, look for next
bus, there are 5 that travel along my route, next one is 30 mins, give
up and walk, to cap it all those crooks decided to reduce the child
discount from 50% to 25%, didn't tell anyone and left children waiting
at bus stops, I wouldn't urinate on a director of Arriva if they were
being consumed by fire.

Matt Wheeler wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in message

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:

I pay £1648 annual season ticket from Aylesbury to Amersham, from
Stoke Mandeville it £300 cheaper, I call that expensive for a 15
mile
journey.

Assuming a 5 day week and 48 weeks per year that's less than 23
pence per
mile.

Not forgetting that the large difference in price between Aylesbury
and Stoke Mandeville is because the latter has a larger car park and
they want to encourage commuters to travel from there instead...
although obviously for commuters without cars it can be considered a
little unfair. That being said, a month or longer season from
Aylesbury gives you free travel on Arriva buses within Aylesbury.