Old July 6th 05, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default 2012 Olympics come to London

In message . com,
Mizter T writes

I'm also jubilant that London will host the Olympics. And I look
forward to enjoying the summer of 2012,

How much are you willing to pay?

getting involved in the numerous events that'll happen and being a
spectator at as many of the events as I can.

Spectating costs extra.

The games will not make London crumble, they will make London stronger.

What do you mean? The games will make London popular but uncomfortable
for 28 days. I cannot get my head around what you mean by London being
"stronger".

London is full, and even the Olympic bid acknowledged that the only way
the capital will be able to house the visitors to the 2012 Olympics is
by turning away 60% of the tourists who would normally come that summer.
OK - bad luck for them, but how does this make London "stronger"?

--
Paul Terry