Old July 6th 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
General Von Clinkerhoffen General Von Clinkerhoffen is offline

Default Gerrards Cross update 5/7/05....Transport in Aylesbury

I've already stated that I don't use the car to drive to Amersham, I
take it that you mean environmental costs, pollution etc, well as I
don't use the car to get to work (unless I have to) they don't really count.

My point is that at 23p per mile for a 15 mile journey (It's probably
more as I get more AL than the assumed figures) I think that it is
expensive and I could do the journey for less in the car.

Incidently an annual season ticket all the way is about £3000 from
Aylesbury to Marylebone, anyone know how much that works out at per mile?

Brimstone wrote:
General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:

I already own the car, I already tax it, I already fill it with petrol
(petrol is cheaper in amersham as well), I already MOT and service it,
there really aren't many other factors to take in.

So you don't take into accout all the costs of driving to the station?