Old July 7th 05, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default 2012 Olympics come to London

In message .com, Matt
Ashby writes

Paul Terry said:

London is full

No London is not. I'm sure you've seen the figures that show that even
during the summer Olympics fewer people will be using public transport
per day than during the average winter weekday.

I was referring to accommodation rather than transport. I've read the
Costs and Benefits Analysis done by Arup. In section 5.4 they say ...

taking into account the typically lower number of London
tourists in August, the displacement of normal hotel visitors to
London will not exceed 60%.

So, yes, of course everyone can be accommodated - but at the expense of
a large slice of London's normal tourist trade for that period.

--
Paul Terry