Old July 7th 05, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default 2012 Olympics come to London

In message , Peter
Goodland writes

I don't buy that at all. Who ever took up sport (other than a brief
trip or two to the gym) as a result of watching the World
Cup/Olympics/Wimbledon?

quote
"When I was 12 years old I was marched into a large school hall with my
classmates and we watched grainy pictures from the 1968 Mexico Olympic
Games," he told the delegates.

(snip)

Seb Coe is the son of a cyclist and grandson of a sprinter. As a member
of the Hallamshire Harriers, he was already competing in serious racing
at the age of 12, and being coached as a sportsman by his father - in
other words, he didn't take up sport after watching the Mexico Olympics!

If you want to get kids started in sport, sitting them in front of the
telly is not the way to do it.

--
Paul Terry