Old August 25th 03, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
CJG CJG is offline

Default Oxford For A Pound

In message , Neil Williams
writes
Anyone know what type of vehicles they're using? The site refers to
some kind of air-conditioned double-decker without toilets - but are
they similar to (or the same as) the Oxford Tube deckers (but those
have bogs - albeit very small ones), or are they of a more bus-like
construction?

They look like old normal double decker buses.

I wonder who they're anticipating competing with with this service,
then? At a quid a ticket, you're not exactly going to rake it in, and
if the fares get much higher they'll get close to the student rate
charged by themselves (!) on the Oxford Tube or the competing Oxford
Express of around 9 quid (I think), or indeed the railways at about 12
quid with YP card. No flexibility, of course, either - you must travel
as booked - and not a lot of scope for unplanned journeys...

But at a quid each way (plus booking fee). If you fancy a trip to
Oxford Next weekend and then change your mind all you have lost is the
price of a round trip along Oxford Street.
--
CJG