Old July 7th 05, 12:00 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Olympic Announcement 'Event'

Paul Terry wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 6 Jul 2005:

If the Dome is so good for indoor sport, why is it not already being
used for that purpose?

It's going to be; they are hoping for a permanent ice rink there, and to
host the 2008 World Championships.

Whatever happened to our "National Sports Centre" at Crystal Palace?

It's still there, but badly in need of refurbishment/replacement.

As a former teacher (one who taught sport in earlier days) I would
rather see the money being used to restore all of the swimming pools,
ice rinks and school sports facilities that have been lost or sold off in
London over the last 30 years, than being expended on a publicity stunt
that will be as short-lived as a glorious firework display.

Only one ice rink, as far as I know - and the sooner they bring that
back, the better.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/