Old July 7th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default 2012 Olympics come to London

Mrs Redboots ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

I don't buy that at all. Who ever took up sport (other than a brief
trip or two to the gym) as a result of watching the World
Cup/Olympics/Wimbledon?

I know a very great many people who took up ice-skating as a direct
result of the world championships coming to the UK in 1995.

And it was as a result of the championships being *here* (I'll take your
word - I don't remember them at all), not as a result of T&D winning
everything in sight all over the world?

Why will the fact it's London rather than Paris make a difference in
that respect?

Because they will have the sports facilities on their doorsteps, not
2.5 hours away by Eurostar.

IF they live in East London.