Old July 7th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Han Monsees Han Monsees is offline

Default Bus Use in London Emergency

the new avenger wrote:
"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

The use of ordinary service buses to transport the injured in London this
morning appears to have been a widespread and planned-for action.

Is there any precedent for this, I wonder?
--

Part of the duties of Centrecomm, the Transport for London bus Control
Centre, involve coordinating bus operations and liaison with the emergency

Simon

I was a bit surprised to hear that 'walking wounded' from Kings X were
transported to an hospital near Liverpool Street that was already
dealing with serious wounded from Aldgate East and Liverpool Street
stations. My first thought was to move minor injured persons form Kings
X by mainline trains to places like Luton or Watford, taking off
pressure from the London hospitals.

hgrm