Old July 7th 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default 2012 Olympics come to London

Adrian wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 7 Jul 2005:

I know a very great many people who took up ice-skating as a direct
result of the world championships coming to the UK in 1995.

And it was as a result of the championships being *here* (I'll take your
word - I don't remember them at all), not as a result of T&D winning
everything in sight all over the world?

Indeed - T&D were long retired by then (they were really big in the
early 1980s, and then made some kind of comeback in the late 80s, but by
1995 they were concentrating on professional skating).

Why will the fact it's London rather than Paris make a difference in
that respect?

Because they will have the sports facilities on their doorsteps, not
2.5 hours away by Eurostar.

IF they live in East London.

True, but there will be improved transport links to East London! Make
it easier to get to Lea Valley Ice Rink.....
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/