Old July 7th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default LU chaos

I'm desperately trying to make a posting which doesn't seem as though taxi
drivers will be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of making
extra money. Believe me they will be amongst the first to condemn any act
of terrorism.

Indeed, and some have been involved in helping convey 'walking wounded'
people to hospitals.

There is one fact which has troubled me for some time and that is the
number of 'minicabs' who come and go to many of our most 'protected'
businesses, each of which may have a driver who's criminal records cannot
be verified - unlike the vetting that the fully licensed 'black' cab has
to go through.

that is a very good point. Perhaps more should be done to regulate the
minicab business.

--

Andrew