Old July 7th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Olympic Announcement 'Event'

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes

Only one ice rink, as far as I know - and the sooner they bring that
back, the better.

Not much chance of Richmond being brought back, I would have thought -
I've lived here most of my life and seen endless plans to have the rink
rebuilt, but none have come to anything.

But I'm sure other rinks have closed. Weren't there rinks at Haringey,
Alexandra Palace, and Wembley - and (some time ago) Golder's Green? And
I'm sure there was one somewhere in SE London where I went as a
schoolboy ... Lewisham or Catford, perhaps - I don't thinkl we went as
far as Streatham.
--
Paul Terry