Old July 7th 05, 07:46 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default London bombs - what to make of the 'power surge' claim?

"banana" wrote in message
How should we read the 'power surge' claim?

Was there a power surge?

If so, what caused it?

Certainly, if there was a power surge, there should be a very good
record that it occurred.

Tim O'Toole of LU explained it quite simply at the press conference.
The first indication they got in the applicable control room was a
loss of traction current that they would typically get as a result of
the circuit-breakers tripping in the event of a power surge. This was
the only angle the media had until other trains and buses started
blowing up, but they were slow to drop it.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk