Old August 26th 03, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Black Andrew Black is offline

Default H & C Line

"simon" wrote in news:bif9jg$9sh$1
@titan.btinternet.com:

Can someone give me info regarding the Hammersmith and City line ?

I used to travel up to London in the late 80's with my family. I am sure
that the H&C did not exist (Ie : It was still part of the Met Line).

However, a new book I have got shows that this happened in the 50's/60's.
Is my youthful memory playing tricks on me ?

If you are interested in history of the Underground it is well worth buying
Douglas Roase's "The london Underground, A diagramatic history". This
agrees with your memory:

The H&C line was publically portrayed as part of the Metropolitan until
1990 though it always operated as a reasonably self contained service.