Old August 26th 03, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Kitchen Phil Kitchen is offline

Default Exact Fare Only

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:18:11 +0100, CJG
wrote:

Incidentally, does anyone know if the machines allow overpayment (now
a one day bus pass is gbp2.50 - previously, of course, if you didn't
have a quid you could just buy a pass) or if they allow a gbp2 coin to
be inserted for the purchase of 2 single tickets? I always use a
Travelcard in London, so I doubt I'm going to get chance to try...

Neil

The machines do look very similar to those found in some Pay and Display car
parks, which generally do not allow over payment, i only presume the
software on the new machines will be similar, and probably not give change
either?